We’ve all heard the old saying ‘money can’t buy you happiness.’ Well let me tell you something, it can buy you a first class airline ticket and if you’ve ever had the pleasure of flying first class you know for a fact that particular experience is pure happiness. It just is. Flying first class is more luxurious than my own home. If I had my choice I would never fly coach again…ever. Let me set the scene…
I’m flying back from who knows where and I’m all ready to board the plane. I’m standing in the correct line at the correct time and make my way up to the ticket agent. In a tired haze, I put my ticket up to get scanned and BUZZZZ. OH NO! Did I give her the wrong ticket? Do I not actually have a seat? What is happening right now? And then those 3 magical words…”You’ve been upgraded!” Awwwwwww yeah betchesssssss! Happy dance as I frolic down the runway, skipping and singing all the way to my seat in 1F. Wheeeeeeeeee! I’ve given this a lot of thought and compiled a list of 8 reasons why you should fly first class. Shelling out that extra dough may be well worth it.
- They just treat you better in first class. I’m sorry, but they do. “Good afternoon, Ms. Ruffles. May I offer you anything before take-off?” Hmmm, I haven’t had time to properly powder my nose for such an occasion. “Check back with me, please.”
- Everyone in first class is in a good mood. “Oh hello! How are you today, you gorgeous girl you?! Oh I’m lovely, thank you kind sir!” There are also no annoying neighbors in first class. Because up here, we’re dignified.
- Nobody talks to one another in first class, which is my preferred method of communication to strangers. It’s like some secret code that they are all in on. I’m not kidding. No. Talking. All the Chatty Cathy’s are in the back and usually seated next to me.
- As you probably know, in coach, you’re packed in like sardines! The chairs in first class are more like La-Z-Boys and possibly more comfortable than my recliner at home.
- Did I mention the hot towels? Not real sure what I’m supposed to use them for exactly, but yes ma’am…I’d love a hot towel!
- Complimentary alcoholic beverages. AKA free booze! Am I in a champagne mood or a wine mood? “Do you have champagne?” “Is prosecco ok?” “Oh yes, darling that will do!” They even use real glass, not plastic. Really, it’s better for the environment anyway. Shame on you, coach!
- The leg room! Where my tall peeps at? Ya feel me?!?
- The wide assortment of snacks. I’m talking Oreos, fancy crackers and candy I’ve never even heard of! I don’t generally indulge on Oreos in the middle of the day on a Thursday…but WTH, when in Rome…
Actual footage of a blogger in her natural habitat:
See ya next time!
-The Chic(ish) Chick