Do you ever just start day dreaming and find yourself thinking, “I just want to have it all together like my flawless neighbor Christine with the perfect skin and perfect hair, who exercises every morning before work and bakes her kid’s snacks from scratch using only organic ingredients…”? Well GOOD FOR HER! So what? Maybe you’re in a place where you just skipped the gym for the better part of 2 years and barely know what the word organic means. And maybe you’re not about to spend $6 on a bag of organic grapes that will likely go bad in your fridge faster than you can hoover them down. My point is, it’s ok, we have all had those thoughts. Read on for some tips and tricks that have helped me feel put together over the years. And even if you feel like a complete and total train wreck on the inside, if you start following these tips, pretty soon you’re going to think you are Christine.
- Get your cute little rump to Target, or wherever you like to shop, and get yourself some lint rollers. Keep one at home, one in your car and one in your office. This is especially important if you have pets. One of my biggest pet peeves is a black sweater full of pet hair. Gross. Get a lint roller. Not to mention, I personally shed like a German Shepherd, so the lint roller is essential.
- This suggestion is going to sound cray cray, but keep a razor in your car. You can tuck it in your glove box and nobody will ever know. I don’t know about you, but I can’t seem to shave my knee properly in the shower. Like ever. I always miss spots. Want to know when I can see said spots? When I’m driving and look down at my knee in the natural light. You guys, this comes in sooo handy. Trust.
- Carry a tide pen on you at all times or at least keep one in your office. You never know when your coffee will suddenly jump out of it’s cup and on to your favorite white tee.
- Check the weather for the next day or the entire week to plan outfits in advance. Have all the pieces that you need for the following day/week hanging in a special place in your closet. This will save you time and stress when you’re getting ready in the morning because you won’t be searching for pieces that might be in the dirty hamper or hanging in the laundry room.
- Also check your calendar for the week. This will keep you from accidentally wearing your “board meeting” blazer on a Tuesday when the meeting is actually on Friday.
- If you can’t keep up with your nail polish chips due to lack of time or budget, DON’T WEAR IT. If you still insist, then try a clear coat or a nude polish. Chips aren’t as noticeable with nude polishes compared to red or black, for example.
- Download an app to keep track of your lists. I use this for everything. I have a running grocery list at all times. Out of pepper? Add it to the list. Want goulash for dinner next week but don’t have noodles? Add noodles to your list. I also keep a to-do list on the app. Plus, it just feels so damn good to cross those items off when you accomplish them. This could be anything from “pick up the dry cleaning” to “pay car insurance”. I use an app called “Any List” but there are tons of free options out there so start searching!
Try implementing these tips and release your inner Christine!
See ya on the next post.
-The Chic(ish) Chick
*All images in this post were sourced from giphy.com.