Truth: I have had some bad experiences with styling and subscription services in the past. Experiences that left me feeling bad about myself. In those moments, I tried very hard to practice what I regularly preach: “It’s not you. It’s the clothes.” I realize this is easier said than done. So, when I filled out my style profile on The Ms. Collection’s website, my palms immediately started sweating. The Mr. & Ms. Collection is a personal styling service for both men and women. Their men’s side is The Mr. Collection and their women’s side is The Ms. Collection. Now, I don’t necessarily consider myself Type-A, but I certainly have some OCD tendencies and a very specific body type. Some styles simply do not work on my bod. Period. I also did not give them much guidance on what to send me. I was curious about their styles in general so I basically said, “I like everything. It is still winter where I live. Here is a link to my Pinterest style inspiration board. No pants this time.” *Said prayer and clicked submit.* And that’s it. If I’m being honest, I had very low expectations for my first box. Cut to several days later, I received an email saying my box had been delivered. The holy grail of all email communications, if I do say so myself. I rushed home later that day to open my box and was beyond excited to see all the goodness. I had pinned a ton of moto jackets and my stylist clearly paid attention. Inside was the most beautiful, pink leather moto jacket. Right. Up. My. Alley. I breathed a sigh of relief and danced around my kitchen for a good 20 minutes, texting my friends photos of the goods.
*Thank you to The Ms. Collection for sponsoring this post. Post contains affiliate links.*
My two favorite pieces in the box included this Kut from the Kloth jacket and Bobeau dress. The bonus was the fact that I could wear them together. I felt cool, sophisticated and chic AF in this outfit, let me tell you. The thought of sending this jacket back immediately made me cringe, so it’s a good thing I have the option to buy it!
I also received this black Veronica M top. This is not something I would typically buy for myself, but I loved pairing it with this skirt from my own closet.
WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER RENTING
- Weddings! How many times have you purchased an outfit for a wedding only to wear it once and never again? Guilty!
- Great for those pesky conferences and work events. I have several of these each year. And it never fails…every single time I start spazzing out about what to wear about 4 weeks prior. You want to slay, not stress.
- It’s better for the environment. I am trying to be more conscious of this in my own life. I have much room for improvement. Baby steps.
- Try new trends without the risk! This is a big one. Loving the leopard trend right now but not sure it will fit into your lifestyle? Ask The Ms. Collection for all the leopard things and try it out for a month. You can then tally how many times you have worn that trend and determine if feel comfortable incorporating it into your lifestyle.
- Great for getting out of a style rut. We are all guilty of this and it’s something I hear a lot over on my social media pages. A lot of us tend to wear the same outfits week after week and then one day we wake up hating everything in our closet. Incorporating a few pieces into your rotation is an easy way to boost your mood and get out of that dreaded rut.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE MS. COLLECTION
- Getting started with The Ms. Collection was very easy. If you have ever used a subscription service, it will be a total breeze. If you have never used a subscription service, don’t sweat it. It won’t take you long to fill out your profile. To save 20% off your first box, please use code chicishchickstyle.
There are 4 plans you can choose from based on your needs:
Standard Once a Month for 3 items in each pack, once/month: $59/mo
Premium Once a Month for 4 items in each pack, once/month: $69/mo
Standard Unlimited for 3 items in each pack, for unlimited packs: $79/mo
Premium Unlimited for 4 items in each pack, for unlimited packs: $89/mo
Here’s what you need to know:
- I recommend linking a specific style Pinterest board to your profile. You can even make a new board called: “The Ms. Collection Style Inspiration.” Write in the caption of the pin what you like about each item if you want to get really specific. This will help your stylist get to know your personal style.
- I also recommend offering details in the last question of the style profile about your body type or pieces you do not like or want. In addition, you can also visit your member account and use the ‘Drop Your Stylist a Line’ contact form to mention any specific wishes for items or if you have an upcoming event or vacation. For example, you can say: “I would like dresses and skirts for an upcoming wedding I plan to attend. No pencil skirts.” You can even let them know the date/type of event, or details (when/where) about an upcoming vacation. That way, they can get your pack to you in time and style you for the weather you’ll be experiencing.
- If you fall in love with an item, you do have the option to purchase for a member discount. You will also have access to a monthly credit in the amount of $20. At the start of your new month, a $20 credit will automatically be applied toward any purchase you make from your packs.
- You can take a break from renting any time you wish, by visiting the ‘Drop Your Stylist a Line’ contact form and hit ‘temporarily place account on hold.’ You can hold for up to three months, but don’t forget to send your pack back before your next billing cycle so you don’t get charged for another month.
More questions? Don’t sweat it. Here is a link to The Ms. Collection’s FAQ page!
Curious about The Ms. Collection but still not sure? Hit me up with all your concerns! I’m here for ya sister. Don’t forget to use code chicishchickstyle to save 20% off your first box! Happy renting, my friends.
See ya next time!
-The Chic(ish) Chick